When you begin thinking about your retirement years, you have many things to consider. Location, cost and services all come to mind. One thing you may not realize that you’re looking for, though, is stress … or lack thereof.
“All seniors who move to senior living want a stress-free, maintenance-free, carefree existence,” says Lynda Marino, Marketing Director at Canterbury Woods Gates Circle. “Life Care Communities like Canterbury Woods Gates Circle are the perfect solution for what you desire.”
At a Life Care Community, says Lynda, residents enjoy a wide variety of services and amenities that make life a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable. The other big benefit, she says, is that Life Care Communities are designed to help protect residents from long-term care costs, allowing individuals to preserve their assets and give families and loved ones valuable peace of mind.
“That’s a great stress relief for many,” Lynda explains. “At Canterbury Woods Gates Circle, our residents can relax, knowing that they’ll always have a home with us even if their health needs change in the future. We offer independent living or assisted living in your own private home or apartment, plus skilled nursing, rehabilitation and memory care services on site.”
How Canterbury Woods Gates Circle Provides a Stress-Free Lifestyle
There are many ways that our community provides a stress-free lifestyle for our residents, and they can all be summed up in one word: Choice. Living at Canterbury Woods Gates Circle gives our residents choices that allow them to live the lifestyle they want and deserve. What could be more stress-free than that?
In honor of April being National Stress Awareness Month, here are some of the biggest ways that choice allows our residents to live as stress-free as possible.
- All-inclusive, maintenance-free living. One of the biggest ways our community provides choice to our residents is by taking care of all the tasks, chores and maintenance. Many of our residents liken life here to living at a resort or a swanky hotel. At Canterbury Woods Gates Circle, you can say goodbye to chores and housekeeping since you enjoy maintenance-free living (including linen service, house cleaning and even meal preparation). We provide lots of other perks, too, like security, transportation, events and so much more. If you, like most seniors, have spent many years taking care of others and keeping up your house, moving to our chore-free, maintenance-free, worry-free Life Care Community is a great way to get the choice of retirement lifestyle that you deserve.
- An instant social network. Another reason many seniors choose to retire to a community like Canterbury Woods Gates Circle is because of the friends you’ll make. You’ll be surrounded by other like-minded people in the same stage of life who are also looking for fun, adventure and opportunity to enjoy their retirement years. For individuals who may not have been as active as they’d liked in the past, our community provides social scene, a wide variety of activities and outings and instant friendships – all while still giving residents benefit of their own private home.
- Care for a lifetime, no matter how needs change. Even if you’re a healthy, active and independent senior at the moment, it’s possible that you may end up needing more health care and support down the road. At Canterbury Woods Gates Circle, our Life Care offers all stages of care for our residents, allowing them to reside safely and happily at our community, no matter how their health needs change in the future.
- Independent living. This option allows residents all the privacy and benefits of their own home, with all the perks of living in an all-inclusive resort. Individuals live in their own apartment home with access to everything we have to offer. Independent living makes your time yours, allowing you endless options to explore, enjoy and embrace the retirement lifestyle.
- Assisted living. If you find you need just a little extra help in order to live safely and independently, assisted living is a great option. Residents enjoy the privacy of their own apartment home, plus the security of a caring staff available 24/7 to assist with the tasks of daily life. Just like with independent living, the lifestyle is maintenance-free and chock-full of all the services and amenities you need in order to live safely and happily.
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation. If you need to recover from an accident, surgery or other event, or if you need a higher level of care than assisted living provides, you’ll still be able to enjoy all the benefits of your Canterbury Woods Gates Circle home. Oxford Village at Canterbury Woods Gates Circle provides short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing services for both residents and seniors living in the Buffalo area.
- Memory care. When an individual is diagnosed with dementia, they and their family want to be sure they’re in a safe, caring environment surrounded by skilled professionals who understand their needs. At Canterbury Woods Gates Circle, we can help you and your loved one in the place they know as their home – helping to avoid the trauma of moving. Our secure neighborhood is staffed around-the-clock by professionally trained staff who are dedicated to providing a joyful life and caring support for those with cognitive diseases.
- A focus on wellness and healthy aging. There’s a lot more to age than just when you were born. Keeping an active lifestyle, eating well, staying mentally sharp and keeping a sense of curiosity are all aspects of a well-balanced life. At Canterbury Woods Gates Circle, every aspect of life is designed around the idea of “wellness.” From healthy menus to fitness programs to engaging activities and so much more, there are so many ways and opportunities for our residents to stay healthy so they can continue to enjoy the lifestyle they love.
- Constant security and safety. As you age, living on your own can be stressful because of the potential dangers you can face living at home. Our Life Care Community is staffed around-the-clock with staff members, nurses and other professional aides who can assist at a moment’s notice. This also includes security guards, 24-hour emergency response systems, secure entrances and exits, safety designs like pull bars and guard rails as well as things like fire alarms, security cameras and more.
- Peace of mind. Finally, Canterbury Woods Gates Circle provides a stress-free lifestyle by giving our residents peace of mind for family members, knowing that their loved ones will always receive the care they need. Peace of mind for our residents, knowing that they’ll always have the opportunity to live life to the fullest while also getting the care they need. Peace of mind knowing that, no matter what, they will live a secure, happy and healthy life that provides choice – now and always.
Continuum of Care
As a Life Care Community, Canterbury Woods Communities provide a comfortable environment and first-rate services to support every level of need. Assisted living apartments allow Gates Circle residents to benefit from additional support while maintaining their independent lifestyle, but if additional support is not needed, independent living is also offered at our Life Care Community. If skilled nursing, rehabilitation or memory care is ever needed, residents can experience the support they require at our sister community in Williamsville.
Contact us today to discover more about Canterbury Woods Gates Circle! (716) 427-6678