With a new year just beginning, many seniors have set resolutions or goals for how they want to live the upcoming year. While some may want to exercise more or make new friends, some simply have the goal to live a more vibrant life, to embrace it for everything it is while reaching for more. To everyone, this goal could look different, but most often, it encompasses living each day with joy, without regrets and while growing as a person.
Lynda Marino, Marketing Director at Canterbury Woods Williamsville, a Life Care community in Williamsville, NY, says many people strive to achieve this goal. “Once seniors reach a certain point in their lives, they want to stop worrying about the mundane tasks and bothers of their pasts,” Lynda states. “This often means they no longer want to think about housekeeping, maintenance and everyday activities. Instead, they want to focus on enjoying every moment and spending their time doing exactly as they please. This is often harder for younger adults to do because of their jobs, raising children and caring for others. Seniors, whether they live in a senior living community or are retired, are more likely to be able to enact a vibrant lifestyle.”
What does it mean to live vibrantly?
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, to be vibrant means someone is energetic, bright and full of life of excitement. Living a vibrant lifestyle means seniors live their lives with excitement, joy and energy. Many seniors these days are just that, without even realizing it.
5 Rules for Vibrant Living
To help seniors live a vibrant lifestyle, seniors should follow some basic rules. Consider some of the following:
- Take care of yourself – You can’t live a vibrant lifestyle if you aren’t taking care of your body and mind. Make sure you are eating foods that fuel your body, like fruits and vegetables and healthy fats. It can also help to exercise. Many senior centers and senior living communities offer a range of classes to meet many different interests and abilities. Most also have personal trainers to help you come up with a specific plan to meet your goals and needs.
- Try plenty of new things – Living vibrantly means trying new things and exploring new interests. You are never too old to try something new, in fact, it’s a good thing to do! Have you always wondered if you’d be good at painting? Have you always wanted to try playing a musical instrument or taking a new class? Now is the perfect time! Not only can this keep your mind healthy, but it can help you to stay active and enjoy every day.
- Make friends – When you have more time to spend doing new activities and engaging in new programs, you are more likely to make new friends that you wouldn’t have met otherwise. This can lead to even more possibilities and further explored interests. Spend time getting to know more people, meet them for coffee, have lunch together or enjoy a hobby you both love.
- Go on adventures – Go somewhere you’ve never been before. Enjoy a new experience. Chances are, there are plenty of things you’ve never done or seen in the community you live in. Attend a live play, go dancing, attend a concert or visit a museum. Have you always wanted to go somewhere far away? Go. It can be so much easier to take the time away and explore a new place now than it was before. When you come back, share your experiences and pictures with others to help inspire them!
- Take advantage of lifelong learning – Never stop learning. Whether you take some new classes or decide to volunteer, work part-time or teach a class, there’s always room to try something new. Do you have a hobby you love and want to share it with the world? Try teaching it to others. Do you have a passion for baking? Have a baking party and donate the goodies you make to others. Even something that might seem simple can make the biggest difference in making a senior’s life vibrant.
Experience the Freedom to Create Your Ideal Retirement Lifestyle
At Canterbury Woods Williamsville, seniors can have everything they want and more in one location. Don’t spend your days worrying about housekeeping, maintenance and laundry. Let us take care of that for you. With first-class health care and a lifestyle free from worries, you can experience a retirement lifestyle that’s all about choice and convenience.
For more information about the retirement lifestyle at Canterbury Woods Williamsville, or to learn more about how we can create the retirement lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of, contact us today. We’d be happy to help you live the life you desire – exactly the way you choose.
Find Your Fulfillment
Canterbury Woods Williamsville is a Continuing Care Retirement Community like you’ve never seen. Canterbury Woods Williamsville is not only close the perfect location for rest and relaxation, thanks to 62 tranquil acres, but there’s also easy access to Buffalo’s urban location. Offering the highest quality lifestyle and security, you’ll be part of a welcoming community consisting of both friends and neighbors while experiencing gracious living, first-class health care and the freedom to create the lifestyle you desire.
Continuum of Care
As a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Canterbury Woods Communities provide a comfortable environment and first-rate services to support every level of need. Assisted living apartments allow Williamsville residents to benefit from additional support while maintaining their independent lifestyle. If skilled nursing, rehabilitation or memory care is ever needed, residents can experience the support they require. They can also enjoy all this and more at our sister community in Buffalo.
Contact us today to discover more about Canterbury Woods Williamsville! (716) 427-6928